Last updated: 14 Jan 2023
What information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
Personal Information Provided by You. We collect names; email addresses; mailing addresses; phone numbers; contact or authentication data; billing addresses; debit/credit card numbers; contact preferences; and other similar information.
Payment Data. We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by PayPal and Stripe and you should refer to their privacy notices for more information.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
What information do we collect?
Information collected automatically
Summary: Some information – such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Website
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Device Data We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
How do we use your information?
Summary: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
To We use personal information collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect our Services We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention)
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond
- To fulfill and manage your orders We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Website
- To administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user We may use your information to provide you with the requested service
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services
- To send you marketing and promotional communications We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Website, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time
- To deliver targeted advertising to you We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- For other business purposes We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Website, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent
Will your information be shared with anyone?
Summary: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
- Consent We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate interests We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract
- Legal Obligations We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements)
- Vital Interests We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved
- Business Transfers We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Is your information transferred internationally?
Summary: We may transfer, store and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our Website is hosted by IONOS on servers in Germany. Orders for prints, apparel and some other items are processed by Etsy on servers which may be in the United States and will be produced by Gelato in any one of several countries depending on where the item is to be delivered. Website usage is tracked by Google Analytics on servers which may be in the United States.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area (EEA) or United Kingdom (UK), then these countries may not necessarily have data protection laws or other similar laws as comprehensive as those in your country. We will however take all necessary measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable law
How long do we keep your information?
Summary: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless otherwise required to do so by law
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How do we keep your information safe?
Summary: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
Do we collect information from minors?
Summary: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age
What are your privacy rights?
Summary: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area (EEA) and United Kingdom (UK), you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you are a resident in the EEA or UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Website. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Website please refer to 3rd party “ad-blocker” service providers.
Controls for DO-NOT-TRACK features
Do we make updates to this notice?
Summary: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws